Please read the following to ensure your pleasure and safety on walks
1. If you do not have your own transport please contact the leader who will normally be able to arrange for you to have a lift.
2. Walks may be modified at the leader’s discretion. Walks are rarely cancelled owing to weather conditions but if the weather appears particularly inclement for a walk then contact the leader to ascertain the situation.
3. Buses leave Aberystwyth from the Aberystwyth Bus Station, Alexandra Road. Bus time tables may change so check bus times with the leader
4. Unless otherwise indicated the meeting place is on at the Rambler’s notice board outside the Cooperative Supermarket, Park Avenue, Aberystwyth.
5. Meeting centrally will ensure that the number of cars taken can be reduced and will provide transport for those without cars. Often there is limited parking – please go to Somerfields if at all possible.
6. Grades of Walk
- A Strenuous. Experience of hill walking desirable. Will involve steep ascents and descents; mileages shown should not be taken as an indication of effort.
- B Moderate. May involve steep ascents and descents, but not prolonged.
- C Flat or gentle gradients.
- D Easy walks taken at a slow pace.
7. Food and Equipment: On short walks please bring a snack and a drink. On longer walks, bring sufficient food and drink for the day. All routes will be muddy and rough, so suitable footwear must be worn (stout shoes or walking boots). Waterproof clothing is essential and is best carried in a small rucksack.
8. Leader’s Responsibilities: leaders may refuse to take on their walks any person who does not appear fit enough for the proposed route or who is not properly equipped for the conditions. If in doubt consult the leader.
9. First Aid: A First Aid kit is carried by leaders but no medication, ointment or spray is available.
10. Dogs: the Group does not allow dogs on its walks.
11. Ramblers’ Association Membership: non-members are welcome on Ramblers’ walks but are asked to join the Association after 3 walks.