The recommended publications, listed below, are available from local bookshops or the Tourist Information Centre in Terrace Road Aberystwyth (adjoining Ceredigion Museum, housed in a former theatre and well worth a visit). It can be contacted at 01970-612125.
- A new series of leaflets has been produced by Ceredigion County Council and is available from Tourist Offices. The Council also has a website with much useful information about walking in the area.
- Paths for People/Llwybro i’r Bobl Ceredigion County Council. The booklet shows a series of newly-opened (2014)Righs of Way in the county. Available from Tourist Information Centres.
- Walks at Hafod (near Devils Bridge). This is the former home of Thomas Johnes (1748 to 1816), and many of his landscapes and walks have been restored by the Hafod Trust in partnership with Forest Enterprise. See The Hafod Landscape by Jennifer Macve.
- Two books by Laurence Main: Welsh Walks: Aberystwyth and District and Family Walks in Mid Wales.
- Roger Handley’s Walking Around the Plynlimon HIlls.
- Richard Sale’s Ceredigion Walks provides historical background to the various walks described.
- The All Wales Coast Path site includes short walks in local areas including Ceredigion
- Tony Drake’s Cambrian Way passes through Devil’s Bridge and Pumlumon as well as other parts of the county. There is a book and another good website.